Graphical User Interface design for hardware
Scope of Project
- INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE
- USER EXPERIENCE
- SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE INTEGRATION
- USER INTERFACE DESIGN
- DATA VISUALIZATION
SHARE THIS CASE STUDY
K-Laser approached us to design the graphical interface of their devices. The project required an understanding of how the hardware operated and the features it provided.
During our research and discovery phase, we learned that the interface would have to overcome a number of challenges:
- The devices come in a variety of screen sizes
- The elements on the screen had to be large enough to be clearly visible from an average distance between 4 and 8 feet
- The interface had to provide enough contrast between elements to make them clearly distinguishable
- The places in which the device is typically used are places that are usually brightly lit
We redesigned the UI taking into consideration the constraints that came up during our research. We designed a simple, intuitive, and useful interface with attention to everything from the menus, to the color palette, and the size and shapes of each element on the digital display.
WHAT THE CLIENT SAYS
The team at WANDR has always been professional and prompt. They have delivered a great graphical interface, and we look forward to working with them more in the future.