Branding is extremely important for B2B businesses. Not only is a website a vital piece of branding, but it also can be a huge lead generation. Here are the best B2B Websites that convert potential customers.
There are currently, as of July 2020, just short of 1.8 billion websites that exist. When it comes to creating a website for a B2B company, AND have it stand out, one must take into account the following elements:
- Optimization, and
- User Experience (UX).
Not all of these elements are created equal, however. In fact, the relevance of each is determined by what kind of business it is. For example, the UX will be more important in designing the website than content will be if the B2B is a project management tool. If users do not get a good UX from your website, they will assume the UX of the digital product you are selling also has poor UX. Thus, they won’t convert.
B2B Website Best Practices
In order to get users to convert to paying customers, a B2B website must follow these best practices.
- Make sure your website’s messaging is clear. Don’t use too much jargon. Be clear and concise here. Less, but better.
- Have a lot of high-quality content. The website should have blogs, e-Books, case studies, customer reviews, and more for users to make informed decisions and stay engaged and interested in your product/service.
- Include several call-to-actions (CTAs) for each stage of the customer’s journey. This doesn’t mean just include a “Contact Us” button, but more buttons like “Download Now,” “Subscribe,” and “Find Out More.”
- Build several landing pages and forms. Landing pages drive conversions and help generate Inbound leads. If you can capture their email through a landing page or form, you will be able to nurture that relationship through email marketing and they will be more likely to come around and convert, at their own pace.
- Ensure your website has a solid visual design. See our blog post here for more details on typography, color, and contrast guidelines.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques so you rank higher on Google and people can find you through organic searches.
- Make sure your website is optimized for mobile. You want to retain as many customers as you can, and keep in mind it is 2020 and many people use mobile in addition to desktop.
- Check your website navigation and make sure it is clear and easy to follow.
- Set up analytics to continue improving parts of your sites and making decisions that are backed with data.
Best B2B Website Designs
First up on our B2B websites list is Mailchimp. Mailchimp is an American marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. The platform is a trading name of its operator, Rocket Science Group, an American company founded in 2001 by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong, with Dan Kurzius joining at a later date.
- Quirky illustrations throughout the site add fun to a B2B site that’s not really about an exciting topic: email marketing.
Human, Approachable, and Trendy.
Kickstarter is an American public-benefit corporation based in Brooklyn, New York, that maintains a global crowdfunding platform focused on creativity. The company’s stated mission is to “help bring creative projects to life.”
- A site that converts visitors into investors and individuals into businesses through empathy and transparency
Toggl is a time tracking app operated by Toggl OÜ, headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia, that offers online time tracking and reporting services through their website along with mobile and desktop applications.
- A fun and empathetic site explains how and why Toggl features can be of help to different type of users
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston.
- A dynamic, story-driven site that tailors their content for every relevant business sector.
Salesforce.com inc, is an American cloud-based software company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It provides customer relationship management service and also sells a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.
- A site that lays out their products, services, and solutions in multiple formats to cater to businesses.
Last Thoughts on Best B2B Websites
There are many elements that play a role in making a good-looking, functional website that converts. Here at WANDR, we have been specializing in B2B web design for years. For a look at our case studies, click here.